Hon Jane Paddy Ogon calls for unity, promises to fight against social vices in Mbube.
The newly inaugurated Mbube East ward 2 councilorship candidate, Hon Jane Paddy Ogon has reiterated her desires to defend the rights of the girl child in Mbube East.
She promised in her innaugural speech to be more engaged in youthful and productuve ventures that will take them out of the streets.
Read Full Speech Below:
INAUGURATION SPEECH BY HON. JANE PADDY OGON, COUNCILLOR MBUBE EAST WARD 2
- Let me first and foremost give thanks to the Almighty God that has made this day possible. Who has been there right from the beginning of this journey to date. It can only be this great God who is too faithful to fail that has stood by us till this point. To Him be all the Glory.
- Today, history is made as a new light has beckon for the dynamic and resourceful people of Mbube East Ward 2. This day marks the beginning of great changes in the legislative process in our LGA. And we cannot let the people of Ogoja down and my constituents who came out en-mass to show me undiluted love and support right from the consultations to our victory at the polls.
- As we journey in the next 3 years, efforts would be made towards adding value to our people. A lot of emphasis will be made on the girl child education as it pertains early pregnancy, our youth won’t be left out as it pains me so much seeing our young men indulging in cultism and all forms of social vices in the society.
- My dear people, in the days ahead, I will do my utmost best in ensuring that we achieve proper health-care for our people as your councillor. We cannot afford to continue to have health centres that are poorly stocked without drugs. Our people deserve quality representation and God willing it is doable and achievable.
- The interest of the Ogoja people remains very paramount to me. It supersedes my personal interest. As a young person, I am not in politics for personal gains but to add value to my people in any possible way I can. I won’t relent in sponsoring bills and motions that have direct bearing on the lives of the Ogoja people.
- The task maybe daunting and very challenging but we can achieve great milestones as a people. With the collective support of everyone, we are set towards making history and making Ogoja great and better for all and sundry.
- I thank the digital and pragmatic leader and Governor of our dear state, Sen (Prof.) Ben Ayade for creating an enabling environment for elections to be conducted. To our mother and First Lady of our dear State, Dr. Linda Ayade, for constantly standing for our people especially women in the state. May God bless her Mightily.
- I call on all those in the opposing political parties who had a contest with me, to come march with me as I work in the days ahead for the collective good of Ogoja LGA. The growth we seek for cannot be achieved in isolation but through team work and having the interest of the Ogoja people at heart.
- Thank You And God bless
Long Live Cross River State
Long Live Ogoja LGA
Long Live Mbube East Ward 2
Hon. Jane Paddy Ogon
Councillor Representing Mbube East Ward 2